Tuesday 14 October 2014

17. First outing

After Mum had been in Braemar four weeks I thought I might see how she coped with going out.I couldn't manage a Wednesday but went on Thursday to see if she would like to go out. She asked what day it was and then said Yes she would like to go out on the next Wednesday, so the next Wednesday I fronted up again. She managed the walk to the car.

We decided on Garden city as she had been asking the staff on a daily basis how she could get there.Parking was difficult, She was noticeably more frail than the last time we had attempted it. We got a table at Miss Maud's and I chose what I thought she would like Spinach Crepe. She ate every mouthful,then coffee and a lemon tart.then back to the car.

All the conversation had been about how she could get home from the facility, she was worried I wouldn't know where she was, the girl last night had told her to stay because it was safer for her even though she'd offered to pay the petrol, and when it was time to get on the plane she wasn't on it, and her friend Robyn had also refused to take her home. That is how the conversation went. "But Mum" I said "this is now your home and of course I know where you are" So I was a little apprehensive about whether she would happily go back but luckily she did. "Was it worth all the Effort?" I said "Well it is nice to get out " she said so I suppose it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment