Wednesday 30 July 2014

14. The Escape

On Tuesday Mum appeared very unwell. She lost her teeth overnight which did not help but she spent 90% of the day asleep in the chair looking like she was dead. And the rest of the time was having imaginary conversations with people. We got her to bed , she is not really managing to get to bed herself now which she used to do and neither of us would not have been surprised if she was not with us in the morning and that would have been o.k. Save her and us of going through the nursing home trauma. However her shower lady arrived and got her up and showered but I decided she was not well enough to go out and I had a sitter booked for lunch. I went out and when I came back with a new D.v.d to catch up on we sat in the lounge, her sitting in her chair by the window. Anyway after about an hour she got up and said she would be going and that it had been nice meeting me. So had abit of a giggle at that but assumed she would be going to her room . After about twenty minutes I thought I would go and get the mail to see our neighbour . "Have you seen Mike " she said."no" "well he's just seen your mother walking up the drive" So we followed to find Mike trying to direct her home. She had nearly reached the highway. We turned her around and told her there were no shops nearby. "You know You are awfully like my daughter" she said to me at which Kathy and Mike cracked up laughing All this l happened after I had remarked to Bob that at least we wouldn't have a wandering problem as she was not as mobile as his mother had been.

No comments:

Post a Comment