Wednesday 4 March 2015

102nd Birthday

Sunday March 1st was Mums 102nd birthday. I arranged that we would take in lunch from Kaillis's at Fremantle  with a bottle of champagne as she really is not fit enough now to go out and the temperatures are still quite hot. It was even too hot to set up in one of the nice courtyard areas.

Luckily there was an unoccupied lounge so we set up the table there and Mum only had to walk from the next door lounge. Anyway I served the tropical feast that she always ordered on nice white plates with a glass of bubbly and then followed up with some of their delicious  lemon meringue pie.Lemon Meringue pie was always one of Mums specialities. I have her recipe but it never turns out so well for me.

 I do like the fact that in Braemar you never feel crowded out by other residents and there are always  areas where there is privacy although some of them could do with an upgrade.

For after lunch entertainment we had Andre Rieu in Vienna, could not have asked for anything nicer.

She had some nice cards














Next day when I visited she was talking about withdrawal! Knowing her as well as I did I felt she meant withdrawal from life as she mentioned something along the lines that she couldn't go on just sitting there doing nothing, not going out. Perhaps that was a dig at me for not taking her out but she really is not up to it. Perhaps she meant withdrawal from Braemar and going home, totally unrealistic, or perhaps she wanted to withdraw money from her bank account.

Her language skills are completely deteriorated yet she still uses big words as if she is composing a business letter and they have no meaning in the context she is using them.

No comments:

Post a Comment