Friday 16 January 2015

24. Christmas at the nursing home

When I saw the invitation at the nursing home that we could join our relatives I thought that was a great idea. A break from doing all the work! I had already determined that I wasn't bringing Mum home for the day because I thought it all too much effort for her as well as me and besides I may not have been able to get her back!. There was an international student lunch for the students learning English that Bob could go to and Don had the choice of going to whichever he wanted. Well he came with me which was nice because he is Mums blue eyed boy! Well the staff had the lunch set out beautifully, we were the only relatives actually having lunch but there were other relatives visiting and a large family celebration in the other dining room so it was all very nice. I don't think any of the residents would have felt that they missed out so a big thank you to all the staff on duty. They did a great job

Mum enjoyed Fionas visit just before Christmas 

No comments:

Post a Comment